Although nothing has changed, I have decided that it’s about time I ‘glad’ things up a bit. There has been far too much self-pitying, complaining and general misery around me these days. This has been made worse by eden’s ‘difficult’ phase – and I’ve decided I need to start focusing on what I LOVE about this age…not what is making me want to chuck him out the window.
When I was in uni and in a very negative space, I started writing down something that gave me hope everyday. This is kind of like that. But starting with a big fat list. Who knows if I’ll carry on regularly.
I am thankful/glad about/happy/etc for:
- the generosity of an acquaintance who gave eden a longed-for trike last week.
- the generosity of a dear friend, who shouldn’t have.
- eden’s rainsuit – so he can still play outside with his ball
- friends who can come and laugh at me when I’m being ridiculous.
- relatives being nearby
- people who love eden & welcome our visits
- a fridge full of leftover roasted ham. (YUM)
- free childcare that’s becoming more and more flexible …(go grandparents go!)
- my lovely husband & his new dreams.
- the bit of work I am getting and doing from home
- eden’s smiles & giggles
- living in the country
- this guy in general:
and that last picture melts me every time.